Parents in Texas are blaming a mysterious car fire on a pair of light-up sneakers they purchased for their toddler, WCSH6 reports.

Attila and Jovan Virag discovered the damage from the fire inside their SUV on Saturday after seeing smoke inside the vehicle. The passenger seat had melted and there was a hole burned through the backseat.

While the local fire marshal's office has yet to confirm it, the parents speculate that their son's light-up shoes that were left in the car started the fire.

"There just wasn't anything in there to start a fire," Jovan said. "Only shoes and clothes."

The parents are planning to get in touch with Payless, where they bought the shoes, regarding the incident.

As far as we know, this isn't a concern with adult light-up sneakers like the Nike Mags.