Nike Introduces the Hyper Elite Crew Socks
words // Zac Dubasik
Basketball season is almost here, and while you've probably spent considerable time thinking about which shoes to hoop in, you now have a new option as far as socks. Nike's Elite hoops socks have become more and more popular over the past few years, thanks in large part to the "Galaxy" printed edition, launched at the 2012 All-Star Game.
Nike has taken their basketball socks to an even more advanced level now though, with the introduction of the Hyper Elite Crew Socks. Features include:
* Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable
* Compression fit at midfoot for stability and to help keep cushioning in place
* Strategically placed, multi-density cushioning for dynamic impact protection
* Left/right specific for enhanced fit
* Reinforced heel and toe for enhanced durability
To help launch the socks, Nike has released two videos featuring James Harden and Nneka Ogwumike discussing "sock etiquette." Three additional videos will be revealed this week, between October 22-24. Check out the videos below, and a closer look at the socks on the next page. The socks retail for $18 a pair, and are available now at Nike.com.