X
X
Go to page: of 5 |   |  Next |  Last
Listings:
THIS IS SOMETHING I COULD NOT FIND WHEN I NEEDED IT SO I FIGURED I SHOULD POST A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL OF HOW I SHRANK WRAPPED SOME OF MY SNEAKERS! IF YOUVE SEEN THIS POSTED ELSEWHERE DONT BOTHER TELLING ME I DONT CARE

THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
CLEAR PLASTIC WRAP
(or actual shrink wrap if youve got it)
SCISSORS
HAIR DRYER

STEP 1:
LAY OUT A LONG PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP HORIZONTALLY (long enough to get both sides to cover the entire bottom of the shoe)
FLIP SNEAKER OVER SO THE SOLES ARE FACING UP
WRAP IT AROUND

STEP 2:
FLIP THE SNEAKER BACK OVER CAREFULLY HOLDING THE WRAP IN PLACE. GRAB YOUR HAIR DRYER, ALLOW IT TO HEAT UP. ONCE HOT, START ON THE LACES. MOVING VERY SLOWLY AND POINTING THE HAIR DRYER DOWNWARD TOWARDS THE TOE BOX, ALLOW THE SHRINK WRAP TO CLASP ONTO THE SHOE. DO THE SIDES IN THE SAME DIRECTION (TRY TO THINK OF THE LACES AS A HALFWAY MARKER OR A 50 YARD LINE IN FOOTALL TERMS) NOW REPEAT THE SAME MOTION BUT THIS TIME POINTING TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE SHOE. NOW FLIP THE SHOE OVER CAREFULLY AND SHRINK THE BOTTOM WHERE THE PLASTIC WRAP MEETS (BE SURE TO GO VERY SLOW AND CAREFULLY SOMETIMES IF YOUR NOT CAREFUL YOU CAN BLOW THE PLASTIC WRAP UP WHICH IS A PAIN IN THE ASS) THIS STEP WILL COVER THE MAJORITY OF THE SHOE BUT WILL MOST LIKELY LEAVE THE TIP OF THE TOE BOX AND HEAL UNCOVERED. (unless you have small feet lol)

STEP 3:
LAY OUT ANOTHER LONG PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP VERTICALLY. (long enough to get to the center point of the shoe). REPEAT THE SAME PROCESS OF HEATING BLOW DRYER, STARTING AT THE LACES GO DOWN THE SIDES OF THE SHOES, RATHER THAN FRONT TO BACK. I SUGGEST YOU COMPLETE ONE SIDE BEFORE STARTING THE OTHER. FLIP SHOE OVER AND FINISH OFF THE BOTTOM.

STEP 4: (OPTIONAL)
GO OVER THE ENTIRE SNEAKER VERY SLOWLY WITH THE BLOW DRYER TO SLOWLY ALLOW THE PLASTIC TO TIGHTEN AND FORM AROUND THE SHOE. NOW GO OVER THE SNEAKER AND FEEL FOR LOOSE PLASTIC, AND WITH THE SCISSORS GENTLY SNIP OFF ANY EXCESS PLASTIC.

FINAL PRODUCTS SHOULD LOOK CLEAN AND BE VERY SAFE FROM YELLOWING AND FROM DIRT AND PRACTICALLY TIME ITSELF LOL

HERES A SAMPLE

NIKE SB PUFF 'N STUFF
Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

LOOKING FOR
JORDANS - SB's
SZ. 8.5 - 9.5
BEATERS - DS
BOSTONIAN HOOLIGAN
BANNED
Listings:
thanks man deff a big help now i can make my house look like flight club lol
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Listings:
that looks pretty sick lol
WANTED: KD IV GALAXY SZ 10.5 DS.
In The Game
In The Game
Listings:
I recentley started throwing my jays in ziplocs is this method better?
Need help finding these shoes got any info or selling some hit me up by PM
2004 Bred 13s ds sizes 11.5-12.5
Flint 7s ds sizes 11.5-12.5
Aqua 8s ds sizes 11.5-12.5
Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
Rocksteady3248:

That made me laugh hella hard.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. Maybe I'll do it once I find a shoe worth doing it to.
GOLF WANG

tumblr � flickr
Listings:
Thats real talk... I wrap my foams like that... My coppers smell just like they did the same day i got them.......
Listings:
Doesn't shrink wrapping and zip locking dry out the leather and cause it to crack?
BANNED
Listings:
^yes it does. doing this actually does more harm than good.

the only reason stores do this is because people checking out and picking up the sneakers in stores tend to get hand stains and smudge marks on them.

I do not condone this practice, and I have way way more experience than I care about to back it up.
Listings:
mavaris:
^yes it does. doing this actually does more harm than good.

the only reason stores do this is because people checking out and picking up the sneakers in stores tend to get hand stains and smudge marks on them.

I do not condone this practice, and I have way way more experience than I care about to back it up.
how can doing this harm the sneakers, i just wanna know if this is safe to do before i actually do it
Sneakerpimps
Sneakerpimps
Listings:
this real isn't the place for this

also having your shoes sealed for long periods of time doesn't allow the sole to "breath" causing it to become dry and brittle
:SNEAKERPIMPS INTERNATIONAL:
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
THIS IS SOMETHING I COULD NOT FIND WHEN I NEEDED IT SO I FIGURED I SHOULD POST A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL OF HOW I SHRANK WRAPPED SOME OF MY SNEAKERS! IF YOUVE SEEN THIS POSTED ELSEWHERE DONT BOTHER TELLING ME I DONT CARE [color=red:9add9e1328]THINGS YOU'LL NEED: CLEAR PLASTIC WRAP[/color:9add9e1328] (or actual shrink wrap if youve got it) [color=red:9add9e1328]SCISSORS HAIR DRYER[/color:9add9e1328] [color=yellow:9add9e1328]STEP 1:[/color:9add9e1328] LAY OUT A LONG PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP HORIZONTALLY (long enough to get both sides to cover the entire bottom of the shoe) FLIP SNEAKER OVER SO THE SOLES ARE FACING UP WRAP IT AROUND [color=yellow:9add9e1328]STEP 2:[/color:9add9e1328] FLIP THE SNEAKER BACK OVER CAREFULLY HOLDING THE WRAP IN PLACE. GRAB YOUR HAIR DRYER, ALLOW IT TO HEAT UP. ONCE HOT, START ON THE LACES. MOVING VERY SLOWLY AND POINTING THE HAIR DRYER DOWNWARD TOWARDS THE TOE BOX, ALLOW THE SHRINK WRAP TO CLASP ONTO THE SHOE. DO THE SIDES IN THE SAME DIRECTION (TRY TO THINK OF THE LACES AS A HALFWAY MARKER OR A 50 YARD LINE IN FOOTALL TERMS) NOW REPEAT THE SAME MOTION BUT THIS TIME POINTING TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE SHOE. NOW FLIP THE SHOE OVER CAREFULLY AND SHRINK THE BOTTOM WHERE THE PLASTIC WRAP MEETS (BE SURE TO GO VERY SLOW AND CAREFULLY SOMETIMES IF YOUR NOT CAREFUL YOU CAN BLOW THE PLASTIC WRAP UP WHICH IS A PAIN IN THE ASS) THIS STEP WILL COVER THE MAJORITY OF THE SHOE BUT WILL MOST LIKELY LEAVE THE TIP OF THE TOE BOX AND HEAL UNCOVERED. (unless you have small feet lol) [color=yellow:9add9e1328]STEP 3:[/color:9add9e1328] LAY OUT ANOTHER LONG PIECE OF PLASTIC WRAP VERTICALLY. (long enough to get to the center point of the shoe). REPEAT THE SAME PROCESS OF HEATING BLOW DRYER, STARTING AT THE LACES GO DOWN THE SIDES OF THE SHOES, RATHER THAN FRONT TO BACK. I SUGGEST YOU COMPLETE ONE SIDE BEFORE STARTING THE OTHER. FLIP SHOE OVER AND FINISH OFF THE BOTTOM. [color=yellow:9add9e1328]STEP 4: [/color:9add9e1328](OPTIONAL) GO OVER THE ENTIRE SNEAKER VERY SLOWLY WITH THE BLOW DRYER TO SLOWLY ALLOW THE PLASTIC TO TIGHTEN AND FORM AROUND THE SHOE. NOW GO OVER THE SNEAKER AND FEEL FOR LOOSE PLASTIC, AND WITH THE SCISSORS GENTLY SNIP OFF ANY EXCESS PLASTIC. FINAL PRODUCTS SHOULD LOOK CLEAN AND BE VERY SAFE FROM YELLOWING AND FROM DIRT AND PRACTICALLY TIME ITSELF LOL HERES A SAMPLE NIKE SB PUFF 'N STUFF [img:9add9e1328]http://www.solecollector.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=223582[/img:9add9e1328] [img:9add9e1328]http://www.solecollector.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=223583[/img:9add9e1328] [img:9add9e1328]http://www.solecollector.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=223584[/img:9add9e1328] _________________ DOOF TROOP LOOKING FOR JORDANS - SB's SZ. 8.5 - 9.5 BEATERS - DS
that looks pretty sick lol
I recentley started throwing my jays in ziplocs is this method better?
[quote:d6ee3346e5="Rocksteady3248"]thanks man deff a big help now i can make my house look like flight club lol[/quote:d6ee3346e5] :lol: That made me laugh hella hard. Anyway, this is pretty cool. Maybe I'll do it once I find a shoe worth doing it to.
[color=red:419087004c][i:419087004c]Thats real talk... I wrap my foams like that... My coppers smell just like they did the same day i got them.......[/i:419087004c][/color:419087004c] :up:
Doesn't shrink wrapping and zip locking dry out the leather and cause it to crack?
^yes it does. doing this actually does more harm than good. the only reason stores do this is because people checking out and picking up the sneakers in stores tend to get hand stains and smudge marks on them. I do not condone this practice, and I have way way more experience than I care about to back it up.
[quote:33eec43eda="mavaris"]^yes it does. doing this actually does more harm than good. the only reason stores do this is because people checking out and picking up the sneakers in stores tend to get hand stains and smudge marks on them. I do not condone this practice, and I have way way more experience than I care about to back it up.[/quote:33eec43eda]how can doing this harm the sneakers, i just wanna know if this is safe to do before i actually do it
this real isn't the place for this also having your shoes sealed for long periods of time doesn't allow the sole to "breath" causing it to become dry and brittle
Page 1 of 5
»5 4 3 2 1 «