X
X
Go to page: of 155 |   Previous  |  Next |  Last
Listings:
So I wanted to get into restoring and I began on my retro 5s from '06. I was removing the paint from the midsole with rubbing alcohol and it started creating a hole. Is this fixable?
Listings:
what dye should i use to redye carmines?
LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING IN A SIZE 8:

COLUMBIA XI [x]
SPACE JAM XI [x]
MARS IV []
Listings:
Titansfan16:
brian29:
Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect.

Below are some images

Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped

@titansfan 16

Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though!

Brian
Sneaker Doctors
Sneaker Doctors
Listings:
brian29:
Titansfan16:
brian29:
Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect.

Below are some images

Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

Thanks,

Brian

I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped

@titansfan 16

Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though!

Brian

sorry you weren't able to fix it, I wish i had some way to test retrobrite on a foamposite glow surface to see if it would damage it or not
Sell me your beat Jordans 3-13 size 12
Listings:
Titansfan16:
brian29:
Titansfan16:
brian29:

Below are some images

Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

Thanks,

Brian

@titansfan 16

Brian

sorry you weren't able to fix it, I wish i had some way to test retrobrite on a foamposite glow surface to see if it would damage it or not

@titansfan16 I put some retrobrte on a small lass than an inch size square this morning and left it in the sun. I will let you know the result later today.

Thanks again for your help man!

Brian
Sneaker Doctors
Sneaker Doctors
Listings:
brian29:
Titansfan16:
brian29:
Titansfan16:
brian29:

Below are some images

Click to show pictures

Click to show pictures

Thanks,

Brian

@titansfan 16

Brian

@titansfan16 I put some retrobrte on a small lass than an inch size square this morning and left it in the sun. I will let you know the result later today.

Thanks again for your help man!

Brian

Ok great, your welcome!
Listings:
does anyone know how to remove the reddish color that appears on the pods of older jordan 13s tried the magic eraser and acetone no change with it any tips would be appreciated
Rikoquincy.com
Facebook.com/Rikoquincy
Twitter.com/Rikoquincy
Last edited on 19th December 2012 18:20 edited 1 times in total
Listings:
pshtommy:
Is there a way to restore suede on the carmines toebox if it started to peel?

who know s
Sneaker Doctors
Sneaker Doctors
Listings:
laskireg19475:
pshtommy:
Is there a way to restore suede on the carmines toebox if it started to peel?

who know s

the only thing you can do really is repaint it with Angelus paint, because there is really no other way to fix it, sorry guys.
Sneaker Doctors
Sneaker Doctors
Listings:
rikoquincy:
does anyone know how to remove the reddish color that appears on the pods of older jordan 13s tried the magic eraser and acetone no change with it any tips would be appreciated

retrobrite works to fix the reddish color most of the time, if that doesn't work you can lightly sand the pods with a nail file to remove the dye that has bled on to them. Hope this helps
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
So I wanted to get into restoring and I began on my retro 5s from '06. I was removing the paint from the midsole with rubbing alcohol and it started creating a hole. Is this fixable?
what dye should i use to redye carmines?
[quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"]Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect. Below are some images [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie-2_zps011b1f81.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie_zps38aae4c5.jpg[/IMG] Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian[/quote] I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped[/quote] @titansfan 16 Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though! Brian
[quote="brian29"][quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"]Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect. Below are some images [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie-2_zps011b1f81.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie_zps38aae4c5.jpg[/IMG] Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian[/quote] I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped[/quote] @titansfan 16 Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though! Brian[/quote] sorry you weren't able to fix it, I wish i had some way to test retrobrite on a foamposite glow surface to see if it would damage it or not :(
[quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"][quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"]Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect. Below are some images [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie-2_zps011b1f81.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie_zps38aae4c5.jpg[/IMG] Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian[/quote] I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped[/quote] @titansfan 16 Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though! Brian[/quote] sorry you weren't able to fix it, I wish i had some way to test retrobrite on a foamposite glow surface to see if it would damage it or not :([/quote] @titansfan16 I put some retrobrte on a small lass than an inch size square this morning and left it in the sun. I will let you know the result later today. Thanks again for your help man! Brian
[quote="brian29"][quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"][quote="Titansfan16"][quote="brian29"]Hi, I recently noticed the the foamposite material on one of my glow in the dark zoom rookie shoes has turned yellow. It is turning almost brown on the edges closest to the stitching. I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of that happening or have ever dealt with this kind of restoration. I have been scared to clean them with anything because I don't want to ruin the glow effect. Below are some images [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie-2_zps011b1f81.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn352/b-ez29/zoomrookie_zps38aae4c5.jpg[/IMG] Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian[/quote] I have never personally had this happen, but i would recommend using soap and water first to try to get it off, if that doesnt work you may be stuck with it because retrobrite would most likely damage the painted foamposite surface. Any other sneaker doctors or people that have experience with this problem, feel free to chip in. Hope this helped[/quote] @titansfan 16 Thanks for the help dude. I tried cleaning with a brush and some soap and water with no results. Thanks for your help though! Brian[/quote] sorry you weren't able to fix it, I wish i had some way to test retrobrite on a foamposite glow surface to see if it would damage it or not :([/quote] @titansfan16 I put some retrobrte on a small lass than an inch size square this morning and left it in the sun. I will let you know the result later today. Thanks again for your help man! Brian[/quote] Ok great, your welcome!
[quote="pshtommy"]Is there a way to restore suede on the carmines toebox if it started to peel?[/quote] who know s
[quote="laskireg19475"][quote="pshtommy"]Is there a way to restore suede on the carmines toebox if it started to peel?[/quote] who know s [/quote] the only thing you can do really is repaint it with Angelus paint, because there is really no other way to fix it, sorry guys.
[quote="rikoquincy"]does anyone know how to remove the reddish color that appears on the pods of older jordan 13s tried the magic eraser and acetone no change with it any tips would be appreciated [/quote] retrobrite works to fix the reddish color most of the time, if that doesn't work you can lightly sand the pods with a nail file to remove the dye that has bled on to them. Hope this helps
Page 40 of 155