X
X
Go to page: of 108 |   Previous  |  Next |  Last
Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
So I wanted some feedback from you guys.
Call me crazy but here is my story..no bullshit at all!
My dad works in a rich building downtown..guess what he finds..a iPhone 4S 64GB!
Thing is I already own a 16GB 4S. Awesome thing is I'm with verizon just like the 4S he found.

Is there anyway I can transfer my number to the new 64GB? And I don't want Verizon thinking I stole the phone when my dad simply found it. Any help on this?
Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
BronxTigeraso:
So I wanted some feedback from you guys.
Call me crazy but here is my story..no bullshit at all!
My dad works in a rich building downtown..guess what he finds..a iPhone 4S 64GB!
Thing is I already own a 16GB 4S. Awesome thing is I'm with verizon just like the 4S he found.

Is there anyway I can transfer my number to the new 64GB? And I don't want Verizon thinking I stole the phone when my dad simply found it. Any help on this?

Don't think you can do that.....its because of the ESN#....

DS TRUE BLUE DUNKS, DS RETRO NEON AIR MAX 95S IN MY LISTINGS!!!!! SIZE 8!!!
Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
Damn really..I hope that's not the case
Any other input guys?
In The Game
In The Game
Listings:
BronxTigeraso:
Damn really..I hope that's not the case
Any other input guys?

Unless the previous owner is a dumbsh*t, the ESN is probably already reported as lost/stolen. Essentially, you now have a very nice and fast iPod touch lol
Saying "beer can" with a British accent sound like "bacon" with a Jamaican accent. Try it...
Tech Junkies
Tech Junkies
Listings:
You're screwed man lol...
But... I still dont know the process of the iphone on CDMA
with att... u just put in DFU mode and restore as new phone boom. Why can that be the case here? how can the ESN number stop u in the restore / sync process
AIM: sneaksfiend
EMAIL: DElias1987@gmail.com
X-Box Live GT: SnEaKsFiEnD
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
-I'm Jeremy
Click here if you want to be Tumblr famous

- OG Team Ailyn & Team Kathie Pham
- SF Giants | 49ers | Warriors
Last edited on 3rd November 2011 13:46 edited 1 times in total
In The Game
In The Game
Listings:
MyJaysIzClean:

I posted pretty much the same info regarding the 4S a couple days ago; of course no one notices it

sneaksfiend:
with att... u just put in DFU mode and restore as new phone boom. Why can that be the case here? how can the ESN number stop u in the restore / sync process

For CDMA devices, the ESN is acting like a serial number tied to the device through the carrier. Once the device is blacklisted on a carrier (bad ESN = reported lost or stolen), you can't activate on that carrier unless the ESN is removed from said list. If the phone's ESN was not reported yet, you are good to go.

ESN's can be a pain in the ass, but it renders a stolen phone pretty much useless to thieves
Saying "beer can" with a British accent sound like "bacon" with a Jamaican accent. Try it...
Tech Junkies
Tech Junkies
Listings:
Waiting for the Siri Hack on the iPhone 4 and iPad.
R.I.P Steve Jobs

#XX8DaysOfFlight #AJ26

Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
scoobydoo34746:
MyJaysIzClean:

I posted pretty much the same info regarding the 4S a couple days ago; of course no one notices it

sneaksfiend:

For CDMA devices, the ESN is acting like a serial number tied to the device through the carrier. Once the device is blacklisted on a carrier (bad ESN = reported lost or stolen), you can't activate on that carrier unless the ESN is removed from said list. If the phone's ESN was not reported yet, you are good to go.

ESN's can be a pain in the ass, but it renders a stolen phone pretty much useless to thieves

Oh word? Should I bother going to Verizon store and asking if they can do anything for me? Or will it just set me up for trouble lmao?

I did call the guy on private and he just kept saying hello. Of course the iPhone didnt ring. He transferred his number already?
In The Game
In The Game
Listings:
^You can call and have it checked, never hurts to do so !

EDIT: Try this, I don't know if it will let you know if its bad or not though. I assume if it doesn't go through, its bad lol.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=serviceOnly&action=enterEsn
Last edited on 3rd November 2011 14:50 edited 1 times in total
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
So I wanted some feedback from you guys. Call me crazy but here is my story..no bullshit at all! My dad works in a rich building downtown..guess what he finds..a iPhone 4S 64GB! Thing is I already own a 16GB 4S. Awesome thing is I'm with verizon just like the 4S he found. Is there anyway I can transfer my number to the new 64GB? And I don't want Verizon thinking I stole the phone when my dad simply found it. Any help on this?
[quote="BronxTigeraso"]So I wanted some feedback from you guys. Call me crazy but here is my story..no bullshit at all! My dad works in a rich building downtown..guess what he finds..a iPhone 4S 64GB! Thing is I already own a 16GB 4S. Awesome thing is I'm with verizon just like the 4S he found. Is there anyway I can transfer my number to the new 64GB? And I don't want Verizon thinking I stole the phone when my dad simply found it. Any help on this?[/quote] Don't think you can do that.....its because of the ESN#....
Damn really..I hope that's not the case :( Any other input guys?
[quote="BronxTigeraso"]Damn really..I hope that's not the case :( Any other input guys?[/quote] Unless the previous owner is a dumbsh*t, the ESN is probably already reported as lost/stolen. Essentially, you now have a very nice and fast iPod touch lol
You're screwed man lol... But... I still dont know the process of the iphone on CDMA with att... u just put in DFU mode and restore as new phone boom. Why can that be the case here? how can the ESN number stop u in the restore / sync process
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4GQrbNd07g[/youtube]
[quote="MyJaysIzClean"][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4GQrbNd07g[/youtube][/quote] I posted pretty much the same info regarding the 4S a couple days ago; of course no one notices it :roll: [quote="sneaksfiend"]You're screwed man lol... But... I still dont know the process of the iphone on CDMA with att... u just put in DFU mode and restore as new phone boom. Why can that be the case here? how can the ESN number stop u in the restore / sync process[/quote] For CDMA devices, the ESN is acting like a serial number tied to the device through the carrier. Once the device is blacklisted on a carrier (bad ESN = reported lost or stolen), you can't activate on that carrier unless the ESN is removed from said list. If the phone's ESN was not reported yet, you are good to go. ESN's can be a pain in the ass, but it renders a stolen phone pretty much useless to thieves :D
Waiting for the Siri Hack on the iPhone 4 and iPad. :D
[quote="scoobydoo34746"][quote="MyJaysIzClean"][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4GQrbNd07g[/youtube][/quote] I posted pretty much the same info regarding the 4S a couple days ago; of course no one notices it :roll: [quote="sneaksfiend"]You're screwed man lol... But... I still dont know the process of the iphone on CDMA with att... u just put in DFU mode and restore as new phone boom. Why can that be the case here? how can the ESN number stop u in the restore / sync process[/quote] For CDMA devices, the ESN is acting like a serial number tied to the device through the carrier. Once the device is blacklisted on a carrier (bad ESN = reported lost or stolen), you can't activate on that carrier unless the ESN is removed from said list. If the phone's ESN was not reported yet, you are good to go. ESN's can be a pain in the ass, but it renders a stolen phone pretty much useless to thieves :D[/quote] Oh word? Should I bother going to Verizon store and asking if they can do anything for me? Or will it just set me up for trouble lmao? I did call the guy on private and he just kept saying hello. Of course the iPhone didnt ring. He transferred his number already?
^You can call and have it checked, never hurts to do so ! EDIT: Try this, I don't know if it will let you know if its bad or not though. I assume if it doesn't go through, its bad lol. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=serviceOnly&action=enterEsn
Page 8 of 108