X
Go to page: of 8 |   Previous
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
35:
///JM.:
bgk09:
Dont give me that shit. You know what the fuck I mean. You cant say blacks havent influence other cultures with are style of dress. Im not saying every black person dresses the same.

its ok you can keep your fake see through jays, loud ass coogi clothing, and tacky designer jumpsuits

You can try and discredit what he's saying, but he has a point.
Emulating the way they speak, music, and so on.

So when a rapper gets some money and starts wearing suits and talking proper grammar are they emulating white people?
-AJ

SF 49ERS (5-1)
GS WARRIORS

Check the listings: HAZES,OG14s,SEACRYSTALS,AQUA8s,HUNTERSSB!!!!
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
///JM.:
35:
///JM.:
bgk09:
Dont give me that shit. You know what the fuck I mean. You cant say blacks havent influence other cultures with are style of dress. Im not saying every black person dresses the same.

its ok you can keep your fake see through jays, loud ass coogi clothing, and tacky designer jumpsuits

You can try and discredit what he's saying, but he has a point.
Emulating the way they speak, music, and so on.

So when a rapper gets some money and starts wearing suits and talking proper grammar are they emulating white people?

Good try but you're misinformed. Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery. Some were actually lucky enough to wear suits during slavery.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
^But they weren't the first, right? And what about grammar? The slaves were uneducated so they had horrible speech. So once blacks started improving their speech and getting educated, were they emulating whites?
-AJ

SF 49ERS (5-1)
GS WARRIORS

S-S-S
S-S-S
Listings:
People need to recognise the difference between blacks and "blacks", the same as whites and "whites".

JM you make a vaild point. I think you are right that the whole new 'businessman' thing for the rappers is defintly an emulation of "white" success, but only if that person was INITIALY of a "black" disposition.

Jay-Z = Wears a suit - attempting (succesfully I might add) to emulate rich white businessmen and portray power.

Denzel = Wears a suit - Just a classy guy with money and taste who looks good in a suit.

There is a difference between a "Black" guy in a suit and a black guy in a suit.
S-S-S X mwm?
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
///JM.:
^But they weren't the first, right? And what about grammar? The slaves were uneducated so they had horrible speech. So once blacks started improving their speech and getting educated, were they emulating whites?

Were whites the only civilized people on Earth...no.
You trying to relate business attire, and slaves learning proper English, and trying to say it's a form of emulation is humorous. If I wear a suit to a job interview am I emulating a white man? By your standards I guess I am. You can't seem to comprehend that people want to look professional when wanting to secure money/job.
The simple fact of the matter is that black males are emulated by whites, Asians, & Hispanics. Not saying all of them do it. Look at the use of the word nigga, that a lone proves my point.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
You being mad is hilarious
That shit is annoying. When black people think everyone is trying to be them and shit. Trust me, I don't lmao.

Did I say whites were the only civilized people on earth?....no.
You took it back to the slave days, so I did. "Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery". Well whites were wearing suits while they owned those slaves. I'm going by your logic man.

I also think it's hilarious when blacks get all pissy when they hear other races say nigga, but use it themselves. Shit's offensive no matter what color you are.

"My standards". Hah. Funny how you try and attack me personally. I can't comprehend that people want to look professional? Well who created that whole professional look? Wasn't a black dude, tell you that much.
-AJ

SF 49ERS (5-1)
GS WARRIORS

Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
///\JM. - My man, What is your ethnicity? Just wondering.
*nymob.
The name is David Jr. | PSN: QNZmatiK
"And above all, make every moment count "

Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
///JM.:
You being mad is hilarious
That shit is annoying. When black people think everyone is trying to be them and shit. Trust me, I don't lmao.

Did I say whites were the only civilized people on earth?....no.
You took it back to the slave days, so I did. "Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery". Well whites were wearing suits while they owned those slaves. I'm going by your logic man.

I also think it's hilarious when blacks get all pissy when they hear other races say nigga, but use it themselves. Shit's offensive no matter what color you are.

"My standards". Hah. Funny how you try and attack me personally. I can't comprehend that people want to look professional? Well who created that whole professional look? Wasn't a black dude, tell you that much.

You thinking I'm mad is laughable within its self. Can't see how you would get that I'm expressing anger or disdain when I'm stating my opinion on the subject at hand. Clearly I was referring to all these people emulating rappers. Last time I checked 98% are black. Then I clearly stated not all emulate them. I don't use nigga, word has no meaning to me. I've never seen any black person my entire life that gets offended by the word nigga. Nigger on the other hand has a different tone. You clearly brought up that when one wears a suit he's emulating a white man, so I guess that goes for all races. Your analogy that blacks didn't create the "business professional" look, therefore it is white, is asinine. You can't sit there and say blacks aren't emulated, hell every race has people that emulate others. You have those who try to act "white" in an attempt to fit in with whites. You have those who adopt chinese or japanese cultures as if they were their own. But clearly the most prevalent case is the idolization and emulation of rap and it's culture. It has been like that since the late 80s. If you cannot see that I don't know what else to tell you.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Because we're here stating our opinions and you feel the need to insult me. Not that i took any offense to it, its just funny lol. So now the only way to become a rapper is to black or to mean you are trying to be black. You tell me who created the "business" look then because as far as i know, it was whites. What i'm getting from you is... when people dress "black", they are emulating blacks, but when blacks dress "white", they aren't emulating whites...Like blacks are some elite race that everyone tries to be, but they don't copy anyone else. I guess all these black skateboarders aren't real because they are emulating white people. Same with baseball.

Yes, every race is emulated. You just made it seem like blacks were the only ones. Black people emulate white people just as much. People idolize hip hop and it's culture, not blacks. Yeah blacks created it, but that doesn't mean if someone likes rap they are trying to be black.
-AJ

SF 49ERS (5-1)
GS WARRIORS

Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
NYKing26:
///\JM. - My man, What is your ethnicity? Just wondering.

Filipino
-AJ

SF 49ERS (5-1)
GS WARRIORS

OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
[quote="35"][quote="///JM."][quote="bgk09"]Dont give me that shit. You know what the fuck I mean. You cant say blacks havent influence other cultures with are style of dress. Im not saying every black person dresses the same. [/quote] its ok you can keep your fake see through jays, loud ass coogi clothing, and tacky designer jumpsuits[/quote] You can try and discredit what he's saying, but he has a point. Emulating the way they speak, music, and so on.[/quote] So when a rapper gets some money and starts wearing suits and talking proper grammar are they emulating white people?
[quote="///JM."][quote="35"][quote="///JM."][quote="bgk09"]Dont give me that shit. You know what the fuck I mean. You cant say blacks havent influence other cultures with are style of dress. Im not saying every black person dresses the same. [/quote] its ok you can keep your fake see through jays, loud ass coogi clothing, and tacky designer jumpsuits[/quote] You can try and discredit what he's saying, but he has a point. Emulating the way they speak, music, and so on.[/quote] So when a rapper gets some money and starts wearing suits and talking proper grammar are they emulating white people?[/quote] Good try but you're misinformed. Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery. Some were actually lucky enough to wear suits during slavery.
People need to recognise the difference between blacks and "blacks", the same as whites and "whites". JM you make a vaild point. I think you are right that the whole new 'businessman' thing for the rappers is defintly an emulation of "white" success, but only if that person was INITIALY of a "black" disposition. Jay-Z = Wears a suit - attempting (succesfully I might add) to emulate rich white businessmen and portray power. Denzel = Wears a suit - Just a classy guy with money and taste who looks good in a suit. There is a difference between a "Black" guy in a suit and a black guy in a suit.
[quote="///JM."]^But they weren't the first, right? And what about grammar? The slaves were uneducated so they had horrible speech. So once blacks started improving their speech and getting educated, were they emulating whites?[/quote] Were whites the only civilized people on Earth...no. You trying to relate business attire, and slaves learning proper English, and trying to say it's a form of emulation is humorous. If I wear a suit to a job interview am I emulating a white man? By your standards I guess I am. You can't seem to comprehend that people want to look professional when wanting to secure money/job. The simple fact of the matter is that black males are emulated by whites, Asians, & Hispanics. Not saying all of them do it. Look at the use of the word n[b]i[/b]gga, that a lone proves my point.
You being mad is hilarious :lol: That shit is annoying. When black people think everyone is trying to be them and shit. Trust me, I don't lmao. Did I say whites were the only civilized people on earth?....no. You took it back to the slave days, so I did. "Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery". Well whites were wearing suits while they owned those slaves. I'm going by your logic man. I also think it's hilarious when blacks get all pissy when they hear other races say nigga, but use it themselves. Shit's offensive no matter what color you are. "My standards". Hah. Funny how you try and attack me personally. I can't comprehend that people want to look professional? Well who created that whole professional look? Wasn't a black dude, tell you that much.
[b]///\JM.[/b] - My man, What is your ethnicity? Just wondering.
[quote="///JM."]You being mad is hilarious :lol: That shit is annoying. When black people think everyone is trying to be them and shit. Trust me, I don't lmao. Did I say whites were the only civilized people on earth?....no. You took it back to the slave days, so I did. "Blacks have been wearing suits since the abolishment of slavery". Well whites were wearing suits while they owned those slaves. I'm going by your logic man. I also think it's hilarious when blacks get all pissy when they hear other races say nigga, but use it themselves. Shit's offensive no matter what color you are. "My standards". Hah. Funny how you try and attack me personally. I can't comprehend that people want to look professional? Well who created that whole professional look? Wasn't a black dude, tell you that much.[/quote] You thinking I'm mad is laughable within its self. Can't see how you would get that I'm expressing anger or disdain when I'm stating my opinion on the subject at hand. Clearly I was referring to all these people emulating rappers. Last time I checked 98% are black. Then I clearly stated not all emulate them. I don't use n[b]i[/b]gga, word has no meaning to me. I've never seen any black person my entire life that gets offended by the word n[b]i[/b]gga. N[b]i[/b]gger on the other hand has a different tone. You clearly brought up that when one wears a suit he's emulating a white man, so I guess that goes for all races. Your analogy that blacks didn't create the "business professional" look, therefore it is white, is asinine. You can't sit there and say blacks aren't emulated, hell every race has people that emulate others. You have those who try to act "white" in an attempt to fit in with whites. You have those who adopt chinese or japanese cultures as if they were their own. But clearly the most prevalent case is the idolization and emulation of rap and it's culture. It has been like that since the late 80s. If you cannot see that I don't know what else to tell you.
Because we're here stating our opinions and you feel the need to insult me. Not that i took any offense to it, its just funny lol. So now the only way to become a rapper is to black or to mean you are trying to be black. You tell me who created the "business" look then because as far as i know, it was whites. What i'm getting from you is... when people dress "black", they are emulating blacks, but when blacks dress "white", they aren't emulating whites...Like blacks are some elite race that everyone tries to be, but they don't copy anyone else. I guess all these black skateboarders aren't real because they are emulating white people. Same with baseball. Yes, every race is emulated. You just made it seem like blacks were the only ones. Black people emulate white people just as much. People idolize hip hop and it's culture, not blacks. Yeah blacks created it, but that doesn't mean if someone likes rap they are trying to be black.
[quote="NYKing26"][b]///\JM.[/b] - My man, What is your ethnicity? Just wondering.[/quote] Filipino
Page 7 of 8
»8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 «