Go to page: of 66 |   Previous  |  Next |  Last
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
HomeR45:
Nene33:
HomeR45:
Nene33:
^Whoever figured that would help fake-sites sound more 'real'(Sem24's post), probably needs to think harder

HomeR, for running, you could start off by getting a RACER type shoe, they're more minimal than the usual runner, but still well-cushioned, so you have a little more slack to mess around with your gait.
To 'fix' your gait, run 'higher-up', you need to heel strike if your body follows your feet, if you keep your feet under the body more, the strike-point will move towards your mid-/fore-foot.

what is racer type shoes ??and please explain more about this gait fixing if you don't mind

Here's a good explanation of how to have proper running-form(as you can tell he runs very upright, relaxed, with his feet under his body, rather than in-front):
http://video.about.com/running/Proper-Running-Form.htm

And these are racing-shoes:
http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRAC.html?SHOW=NOBRAND&ctype=comp

Basically they're a conventional shoe that's reduced to the minimum needed, they're very lean, very minimal, to maximize your racing ability.

thanks for the video man,i notice where my mistakes are,mainly in relax department and my stride is always so bi(i figure my foot always in front of my body)anyway what do you think that makes people become heel striker??
anyway in my next running im gonna try all of those in the video,relax keep my posture upright and keep my stride short to makes le movement more fluid

It's a combo of power, and balance that make you heel-strike, mid-foot strike, or fore-foot strike.

Basically if you're powering through, really kicking your feet out, and leaning back a little(which 'feels' faster, running with your head slightly behind your body), trying to 'force' speed, you'll heel strike, because you'll create an imbalance by trying to be faster than your mechanics.

If you run to your bio-mechanics(like in the video), so not trying to force it, just moving to your natural movement, you'll automatically move towards the middle of your foot more, because you'll be more balanced.

If you then increase your rhythm, you'll start leaning in a little more, which allows you to move into a fore-foot strike.

And that's the great thing about that video, they really explain it very practical, and once you get the form right, you'll automatically start moving smoother, and more natural.
Only The Strong
Last edited on 26th January 2013 11:32 edited 1 times in total
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Nene33:
airsyd:
It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game.

The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now!

The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.

That's very clever, to look for a shoe that has a little stretch in the material, either something like the Engineered Mesh on the Kobe 8, or a slightly more padded shoe(it's easier to stretch padding, than the material).

Just no more Bungee Laces

you bet Nene!
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Homer, here's a link to the Vibrams website's Education page. There's a part where they recommend the excercises that we should do for at least 6 weeks before starting to run in the Five Fingers: Vibrams Education Page

Honestly, barefoot running shoes are so common these days you do not have to purchase Vibrams. Adidas, Mizuno and even Skechers are putting out minimal runners; you can get a great deal from these brands. Just do the recommended excercises from the link, to ensure that your feet build up the required strength before you take the next step. Nene's post gave you a great glimpse into the proper form of an efficient runner; even if you're not suitable for barefoot running styles the benefits of doing the excercises will aid you in becoming a more efficient runner.

The Adipure Motion is a great introductory shoe to minimal running. Its heel drop is not as severe as some others, and still have adequate cushioning for a transiting runner, from a more heel-strike style. Def look at that shoe as a start. I did have some issues with the forefoot fit though (bought a US9.5, my true size) where I had some "burning" sensations around the medial and lateral sides of my forefoot for the first couple of weeks, but I'm happy I stuck with them as that has gone and I really like them
Last edited on 27th January 2013 11:10 edited 1 times in total
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
HomeR45:
airsyd:
It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game.

The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now!

The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.

i'm trying to get them(been trying to trade my bron 9 elite with a friend Kobe 8),in UA the only UA i have is Black ice great shoes ,it just they no longer fit me and i sprained my ankle in them (take the insole though ) and the expose ankle in lateral side is not doing it for me
So far i been wearing size 11,are to get some slacks in my toes(you know my story ,fit is really important to me)
jordan 2012=too tight
Bron 9=same.too tight
Jordan 12 retro=fit nicely width wise ,tie them tightly i can deal with the extra length in fact they are perfect when my feet start swollen in game
one of the best fit i get is from melo M8 ,they are wide and there is just enough room in the toe box toe fit me (one of the best fit i had so far)
now my question is ...recently a friend of mine is offer me UA torch ,the problem is they are 10.5 us..not my usual size,do you think they can fit me ???(and since i had a chance to actually try them im gonna try them to see how they fit)

Hmm...Have you been measured in store for your actual size? If you're wearing US11 just to get room in the forefoot I can only presume that your true size will be around US10.5 or US10 (Mine's US9.5 and I generally wear US10 or 10.5). Like I said earlier UA seems to have the truest-to-size among the major brands; I wear US9.5 for my Black Ice and Bloodlines and they fit very well. I haven't tried the Torch so I won't know for sure, I can only speculate that they'll probably be a similar last. Sorry about that man
Kicks Knowledgeable
Kicks Knowledgeable
Listings:
airsyd:
HomeR45:
airsyd:

i'm trying to get them(been trying to trade my bron 9 elite with a friend Kobe 8),in UA the only UA i have is Black ice great shoes ,it just they no longer fit me and i sprained my ankle in them (take the insole though ) and the expose ankle in lateral side is not doing it for me
So far i been wearing size 11,are to get some slacks in my toes(you know my story ,fit is really important to me)
jordan 2012=too tight
Bron 9=same.too tight
Jordan 12 retro=fit nicely width wise ,tie them tightly i can deal with the extra length in fact they are perfect when my feet start swollen in game
one of the best fit i get is from melo M8 ,they are wide and there is just enough room in the toe box toe fit me (one of the best fit i had so far)
now my question is ...recently a friend of mine is offer me UA torch ,the problem is they are 10.5 us..not my usual size,do you think they can fit me ???(and since i had a chance to actually try them im gonna try them to see how they fit)

Hmm...Have you been measured in store for your actual size? If you're wearing US11 just to get room in the forefoot I can only presume that your true size will be around US10.5 or US10 (Mine's US9.5 and I generally wear US10 or 10.5). Like I said earlier UA seems to have the truest-to-size among the major brands; I wear US9.5 for my Black Ice and Bloodlines and they fit very well. I haven't tried the Torch so I won't know for sure, I can only speculate that they'll probably be a similar last. Sorry about that man

yeah i never get my feet properly measure,i really like to et those torch,but with all the hit and miss i get from my shoes,i really want those best fit with those torch
"YES"
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Try the Wiki on shoe-sizing, they have a couple of ways on there to really get down to your exact shoe-size, with advice on sizing for different kinds of shoes(more slack in athletic shoes, compared to dressed shoes, and so on).
You can compare the results, to your practical experience of which size fits you most, and you can base your 'go to' size off that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size

In my size 14, the UA sizing is closest to the Jordan 12(they have a retro-looseness in most of their shoes), but with bigger sizes, sometimes there's sometimes a warp/shift in precise sizing, so they could be slightly different for your size.
Only The Strong
Last edited on 28th January 2013 06:18 edited 1 times in total
Much Respect
Much Respect
Listings:
WElcome the knowledge of my fellow collectors...got my notepad ready to take notes :-)
The sneaker heads will be like
Ahhh he got the velcros...

Listings:
Any help on shoe sizing for Jordan VI's? Do they run true to size, extra wide, extra narrow, anything like that?
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."
-Schwarzenegger
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
tryseus:
Any help on shoe sizing for Jordan VI's? Do they run true to size, extra wide, extra narrow, anything like that?

Tryseus, from my personal experience I've always found that the Jordan retros run a half-size larger, mainly due to the wider forefoot (I've got wide feet). I'm using the context of my personal experience here, as most of my Nikes are between US10.5 (Kobe 6-8) and US10 (Lebron 6, 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse Lows, Hyperdunk Lows) and most of them still feel tight at the forefoot (with the exception of the Kobe 8; yup, I love that shoe, ha...).

For Jordan retros (1,3,4,6 Olympics, 7 etc) I can comfortably wear a US10 without any tightness at the forefoot, and this is before even wearing the shoes out and breaking them in. If you have narrow feet this might be a point of consideration. I believe this could be due to the fact that pre-2000 shoes had a less-exact last, probably due to the materials and paddings used in the uppers (unlike the minimal uppers used in modern balling sneakers). Nene can shed more light on this.

The only Jordan retros I've actually had to upsize was the 12, where I had to go to a US10.5. Hope that helps
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
ApolloXIs:
WElcome the knowledge of my fellow collectors...got my notepad ready to take notes :-)

Apollo, welcome All of us are here to share info. Guys like Nene, Duke and Urriah are treasure troves of knowledge; enjoy
Last edited on 28th January 2013 19:54 edited 1 times in total
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
[quote="HomeR45"][quote="Nene33"][quote="HomeR45"][quote="Nene33"]^Whoever figured that would help fake-sites sound more 'real'(Sem24's post), probably needs to think harder :smh: HomeR, for running, you could start off by getting a RACER type shoe, they're more minimal than the usual runner, but still well-cushioned, so you have a little more slack to mess around with your gait. To 'fix' your gait, run 'higher-up', you need to heel strike if your body follows your feet, if you keep your feet under the body more, the strike-point will move towards your mid-/fore-foot. [/quote] what is racer type shoes ??and please explain more about this gait fixing if you don't mind[/quote] Here's a good explanation of how to have proper running-form(as you can tell he runs very upright, relaxed, with his feet under his body, rather than in-front): http://video.about.com/running/Proper-Running-Form.htm And these are racing-shoes: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRAC.html?SHOW=NOBRAND&ctype=comp Basically they're a conventional shoe that's reduced to the minimum needed, they're very lean, very minimal, to maximize your racing ability.[/quote] thanks for the video man,i notice where my mistakes are,mainly in relax department and my stride is always so bi(i figure my foot always in front of my body)anyway what do you think that makes people become heel striker?? anyway in my next running im gonna try all of those in the video,relax keep my posture upright and keep my stride short to makes le movement more fluid[/quote] It's a combo of power, and balance that make you heel-strike, mid-foot strike, or fore-foot strike. Basically if you're powering through, really kicking your feet out, and leaning back a little(which 'feels' faster, running with your head slightly behind your body), trying to 'force' speed, you'll heel strike, because you'll create an imbalance by trying to be faster than your mechanics. If you run to your bio-mechanics(like in the video), so not trying to force it, just moving to your natural movement, you'll automatically move towards the middle of your foot more, because you'll be more balanced. If you then increase your rhythm, you'll start leaning in a little more, which allows you to move into a fore-foot strike. And that's the great thing about that video, they really explain it very practical, and once you get the form right, you'll automatically start moving smoother, and more natural.
[quote="Nene33"][quote="airsyd"]It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game. The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games :lol: seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now! The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.[/quote] That's very clever, to look for a shoe that has a little stretch in the material, either something like the Engineered Mesh on the Kobe 8, or a slightly more padded shoe(it's easier to stretch padding, than the material). Just no more Bungee Laces :lol: [/quote] :lol: you bet Nene!
Homer, here's a link to the Vibrams website's Education page. There's a part where they recommend the excercises that we should do for at least 6 weeks before starting to run in the Five Fingers: [url=http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/education/why_barefoot_works.htm]Vibrams Education Page[/url] Honestly, barefoot running shoes are so common these days you do not have to purchase Vibrams. Adidas, Mizuno and even Skechers are putting out minimal runners; you can get a great deal from these brands. Just do the recommended excercises from the link, to ensure that your feet build up the required strength before you take the next step. Nene's post gave you a great glimpse into the proper form of an efficient runner; even if you're not suitable for barefoot running styles the benefits of doing the excercises will aid you in becoming a more efficient runner. The Adipure Motion is a great introductory shoe to minimal running. Its heel drop is not as severe as some others, and still have adequate cushioning for a transiting runner, from a more heel-strike style. Def look at that shoe as a start. I did have some issues with the forefoot fit though (bought a US9.5, my true size) where I had some "burning" sensations around the medial and lateral sides of my forefoot for the first couple of weeks, but I'm happy I stuck with them as that has gone and I really like them :up:
[quote="HomeR45"][quote="airsyd"]It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game. The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games :lol: seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now! The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.[/quote] i'm trying to get them(been trying to trade my bron 9 elite with a friend Kobe 8),in UA the only UA i have is Black ice great shoes ,it just they no longer fit me and i sprained my ankle in them (take the insole though ) and the expose ankle in lateral side is not doing it for me So far i been wearing size 11,are to get some slacks in my toes(you know my story ,fit is really important to me) jordan 2012=too tight Bron 9=same.too tight Jordan 12 retro=fit nicely width wise ,tie them tightly i can deal with the extra length in fact they are perfect when my feet start swollen in game one of the best fit i get is from melo M8 ,they are wide and there is just enough room in the toe box toe fit me (one of the best fit i had so far) now my question is ...recently a friend of mine is offer me UA torch ,the problem is they are 10.5 us..not my usual size,do you think they can fit me ???(and since i had a chance to actually try them im gonna try them to see how they fit)[/quote] Hmm...Have you been measured in store for your actual size? If you're wearing US11 just to get room in the forefoot I can only presume that your true size will be around US10.5 or US10 (Mine's US9.5 and I generally wear US10 or 10.5). Like I said earlier UA seems to have the truest-to-size among the major brands; I wear US9.5 for my Black Ice and Bloodlines and they fit very well. I haven't tried the Torch so I won't know for sure, I can only speculate that they'll probably be a similar last. Sorry about that man
[quote="airsyd"][quote="HomeR45"][quote="airsyd"]It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game. The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games :lol: seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now! The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.[/quote] i'm trying to get them(been trying to trade my bron 9 elite with a friend Kobe 8),in UA the only UA i have is Black ice great shoes ,it just they no longer fit me and i sprained my ankle in them (take the insole though ) and the expose ankle in lateral side is not doing it for me So far i been wearing size 11,are to get some slacks in my toes(you know my story ,fit is really important to me) jordan 2012=too tight Bron 9=same.too tight Jordan 12 retro=fit nicely width wise ,tie them tightly i can deal with the extra length in fact they are perfect when my feet start swollen in game one of the best fit i get is from melo M8 ,they are wide and there is just enough room in the toe box toe fit me (one of the best fit i had so far) now my question is ...recently a friend of mine is offer me UA torch ,the problem is they are 10.5 us..not my usual size,do you think they can fit me ???(and since i had a chance to actually try them im gonna try them to see how they fit)[/quote] Hmm...Have you been measured in store for your actual size? If you're wearing US11 just to get room in the forefoot I can only presume that your true size will be around US10.5 or US10 (Mine's US9.5 and I generally wear US10 or 10.5). Like I said earlier UA seems to have the truest-to-size among the major brands; I wear US9.5 for my Black Ice and Bloodlines and they fit very well. I haven't tried the Torch so I won't know for sure, I can only speculate that they'll probably be a similar last. Sorry about that man[/quote] yeah i never get my feet properly measure,i really like to et those torch,but with all the hit and miss i get from my shoes,i really want those best fit with those torch
Try the Wiki on shoe-sizing, they have a couple of ways on there to really get down to your exact shoe-size, with advice on sizing for different kinds of shoes(more slack in athletic shoes, compared to dressed shoes, and so on). You can compare the results, to your practical experience of which size fits you most, and you can base your 'go to' size off that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size In my size 14, the UA sizing is closest to the Jordan 12(they have a retro-looseness in most of their shoes), but with bigger sizes, sometimes there's sometimes a warp/shift in precise sizing, so they could be slightly different for your size.
[quote="tryseus"]Any help on shoe sizing for Jordan VI's? Do they run true to size, extra wide, extra narrow, anything like that? [/quote] Tryseus, from my personal experience I've always found that the Jordan retros run a half-size larger, mainly due to the wider forefoot (I've got wide feet). I'm using the context of my personal experience here, as most of my Nikes are between US10.5 (Kobe 6-8) and US10 (Lebron 6, 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse Lows, Hyperdunk Lows) and most of them still feel tight at the forefoot (with the exception of the Kobe 8; yup, I love that shoe, ha...). For Jordan retros (1,3,4,6 Olympics, 7 etc) I can comfortably wear a US10 without any tightness at the forefoot, and this is before even wearing the shoes out and breaking them in. If you have narrow feet this might be a point of consideration. I believe this could be due to the fact that pre-2000 shoes had a less-exact last, probably due to the materials and paddings used in the uppers (unlike the minimal uppers used in modern balling sneakers). Nene can shed more light on this. The only Jordan retros I've actually had to upsize was the 12, where I had to go to a US10.5. Hope that helps
[quote="ApolloXIs"]WElcome the knowledge of my fellow collectors...got my notepad ready to take notes :-)[/quote] Apollo, welcome :up: All of us are here to share info. Guys like Nene, Duke and Urriah are treasure troves of knowledge; enjoy :up:
Page 57 of 66