X
X
Go to page: of 66 |   Previous  |  Next |  Last
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed.

Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)
Only The Strong
M.W.M.
M.W.M.
Listings:
kan - how much are crazy8s there??
#MWM #mallwalkermafia #MWM

catch my buddy's blog about...well...shoes and the local sneakerscene in the philippines -
http://adictscorner16.blogspot.com/

collection thread - http://bit.ly/18kT8iw

credit for my avatar - http://bit.ly/1hBpEFX

follow me at Twitter/IG - @urriah_

RIP:
The Flamethrower, Official Asian Females thread
Kicks Knowledgeable
Kicks Knowledgeable
Listings:
Nene33:
They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed.

Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)
thanks for input,recently i buy AJ12,and to be honest the zoom is abit too bouncy,chane the insole,and they become better,hope i can do the same with them

"YES"
Last edited on 22nd January 2013 02:55 edited 1 times in total
In The Game
In The Game
Listings:
Sorry for the confusion Nene... i mean the Kobe System 8. I read your review here before regarding the crazy 8's but same as the top tens I have to order overseas. So the pods are more protruded in the top tens?

urriah:

no crazy 8's here... have to order overseas also... only the rose 3, CL2, 773, ghost and howard 3 available here (all in the basic cw)

Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
The Kobe 8 System is like a progression on the Kobe VI, with a better fit, leaner, lighter, and a little more smooth.

So definitely something to try, they're very minimal, a little mushy(but you kinda need that in a super-minimal), and very versatile(unlike the Kobe VII, the Kobe 8 is already being worn by a LOT of NBA players of all shapes and sizes, again too).

And yes, the Top Ten 2000 have true-pods, the Crazy 8 is kind of inverted, the sole folds up around the foot.

HomeR45:
Nene33:

thanks for input,recently i buy AJ12,and to be honest the zoom is abit too bouncy,chane the insole,and they become better,hope i can do the same with them

These are a little harder to change, because basically, the yellow-part of the heel on these(see pic :-D ), is mostly Zoom, with minimal foam around it(even out of the box, that showed a little creasing as you can see). So the softness is more on the outside, than inside the shoe.

Click to show pictures

Only The Strong
Last edited on 22nd January 2013 04:50 edited 1 times in total
Kicks Knowledgeable
Kicks Knowledgeable
Listings:
Nene33:
The Kobe 8 System is like a progression on the Kobe VI, with a better fit, leaner, lighter, and a little more smooth.

So definitely something to try, they're very minimal, a little mushy(but you kinda need that in a super-minimal), and very versatile(unlike the Kobe VII, the Kobe 8 is already being worn by a LOT of NBA players of all shapes and sizes, again too).

And yes, the Top Ten 2000 have true-pods, the Crazy 8 is kind of inverted, the sole folds up around the foot.

HomeR45:
Nene33:

These are a little harder to change, because basically, the yellow-part of the heel on these(see pic :-D ), is mostly Zoom, with minimal foam around it(even out of the box, that showed a little creasing as you can see). So the softness is more on the outside, than inside the shoe.

Click to show pictures

i see,so its because the foam/midsole problem,but still im gonna try them,i never try a pair of kobe before
"YES"
M.W.M.
M.W.M.
Listings:
my bad kan, can't help it though.. KB8 and Kobe 8

nene - loving those denver esque cw
#MWM #mallwalkermafia #MWM

catch my buddy's blog about...well...shoes and the local sneakerscene in the philippines -
http://adictscorner16.blogspot.com/

collection thread - http://bit.ly/18kT8iw

credit for my avatar - http://bit.ly/1hBpEFX

follow me at Twitter/IG - @urriah_

RIP:
The Flamethrower, Official Asian Females thread
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
They're an awesome colorway in person, I'm sad the Del-Sol is getting fazed out for the colder shade of Tour Yellow on NikeiD.

I like my Yellows kinda greasy, and saturated.

HomeR45:
i see,so its because the foam/midsole problem,but still im gonna try them,i never try a pair of kobe before

Definitely try 'em, the minimal-setup will reduce the influence of the softness, make it more effective, so they should feel quite good, even if they're much softer than your usual preference.
Only The Strong
Last edited on 22nd January 2013 10:55 edited 2 times in total
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
HomeR45:
Nene33:
That's a thing for barefoot, especially the 'tech-barefoot', you need to find a complimentary fit to your feet, and an actual fit(not too big, not too small), or it'll detract from the experience, and just get in the way.

That's also why the adiPURE were a great development for a more 'generalized' barefoot, because they went from a very 'tech-based' structure of refined mini-counters, and triangles(which is the Supernatural PureMotion, a setup where they removed the conventional-setup by refining it greatly, which has the negative, that it needs to be just right for you, to work), to the exact opposite in the adiPURE, the adiPURE doesn't refine, it simply doesn't try to counter, it just 'gloves' your feet, and allows them to do, what they do.

That's the intriguing part of barefoot-shoes for me, you have the super-refined, and detail-controlled shoes, and the shoes that simply don't try.
In running you have something similar, you have the Vibram, and a couple more, on the super-refined side, and the leather-soled sandals with a string-strap on the freedom side, both do approximately the same thing, one by refining the details, the other by not getting in the way of the details.

That fascinates me. It's a full-spectrum, and a spectrum that's appreciated, the super-refined isn't necessarily better than the super-simple, it's ways to get it right, and that can vary for everybody. I love that concept.

The PE-shoes tend to have more padding, and cushioning, to compensate for the extra pressure, and jarring pro basketball-feet deal with, plus TJ was old by then, old-men need more 'slack' to compensate for your feet wearing out.(basically the NBA is about 2 sec faster than a regular game on every play(that's why you get the odd throw-away passes, other mistakes, and lack of control, it literally goes too fast for your body, so you can simulate how that feels, by really pushing yourself to be extra fast on every move, on every play pushing the tempo, really go as fast as you can, on all plays.
That's what NBA players do, kinda.

That should also give you an impression, why they're more padded.(it sounds manufactured, but if you put them on, and really push very, very hard, you'll notice the need for the extra mush)

One thing that makes me into the barefoot concept,in by read your post about conventional vs natural(barefoot )shoe,and as the bigger man myself i always try to find anything to make my feet healthier ,and the concept of natural/barefoot shoe is a way to improve my game and my health ,i know that human foot are build and design by nature to be a fine tuning athletic machine ,which mean not design for shoes,and i look at my feet,i notice my pinkie toe are deformed to the point they almost not touching the ground anymore,a shoes already deformed my feet from its natural shape to the foot that handicap to fit into the shoes

i want my feet and my toes to be natural again,so barefoot shoes is i think a way to get them back

but i do know i'm not fully embraced the idea yet(you can see by my choice of current shoe ,rose 3 and bron X) but i keep the idea to make my feet back to its natural form and stronger ,i already reducing my time wearing any type of footwear and keep searching for a barefoot basketball shoe to help my foot and my game

and great insight on the NBA player,i do know their game speed is much faster from regular person,and i can see the concept of why the nba player (TJ ford) want his shoe to be"mushier" due to extra power that their feet generated into their shoes

A bit late into the fray, but thought I'll put in my 2-cents. Homer, I've had serious plantar fasciitis 2 years ago, where both my feet can get so painful even just standing up that I was about to give up balling for good. Same issue with you as well, I have wide feet and through my constant search for the right sneaker I probably injured my feet at some point and didn't know it, played through it and got worse.

The turning point was when Nene turned me onto barefoot running. Got my Vibrams (which cost quite a penny here), did the recommended excercises for a couple of weeks (I had been running in the Adizero Feathers - if that's the correct name), and off I went on the runs in time. After a few weeks of running in the Vibrams, my body got used to the proper mechanics and for the last 9 months or so I've been running approx 20-25km per week in the Nike Lunarspider LTs and the Adipure Motion, both minimal racer-like shoes (the Vibrams still make the occasional appearance for short 3-km runs) which I've grown to love. The plantar issues for both feet are completely GONE. It's translated into my ball play as well, cardiovascularly of course, but more so for my feet strength. In the right shoes (the Kobe 8 surprisingly has been the most accommodating so far), my feet feels stronger, and I have less foot injuries than before.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game.

The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now!

The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.
Last edited on 23rd January 2013 19:50 edited 1 times in total
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed. Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)
[quote="Nene33"]They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed. Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)[/quote]thanks for input,recently i buy AJ12,and to be honest the zoom is abit too bouncy,chane the insole,and they become better,hope i can do the same with them
Sorry for the confusion Nene... i mean the Kobe System 8. I read your review here before regarding the crazy 8's but same as the top tens I have to order overseas. So the pods are more protruded in the top tens? [quote="urriah"]kan - how much are crazy8s there??[/quote] no crazy 8's here... have to order overseas also... only the rose 3, CL2, 773, ghost and howard 3 available here (all in the basic cw)
The Kobe 8 System is like a progression on the Kobe VI, with a better fit, leaner, lighter, and a little more smooth. So definitely something to try, they're very minimal, a little mushy(but you kinda need that in a super-minimal), and very versatile(unlike the Kobe VII, the Kobe 8 is already being worn by a LOT of NBA players of all shapes and sizes, again too). And yes, the Top Ten 2000 have true-pods, the Crazy 8 is kind of inverted, the sole folds up around the foot. [quote="HomeR45"][quote="Nene33"]They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed. Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)[/quote]thanks for input,recently i buy AJ12,and to be honest the zoom is abit too bouncy,chane the insole,and they become better,hope i can do the same with them [/quote] These are a little harder to change, because basically, the yellow-part of the heel on these(see pic :-D ), is mostly Zoom, with minimal foam around it(even out of the box, that showed a little creasing as you can see). So the softness is more on the outside, than inside the shoe. [IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/DaHeddeGeGoeGedoan/DSCF1094.jpg[/IMG]
[quote="Nene33"]The Kobe 8 System is like a progression on the Kobe VI, with a better fit, leaner, lighter, and a little more smooth. So definitely something to try, they're very minimal, a little mushy(but you kinda need that in a super-minimal), and very versatile(unlike the Kobe VII, the Kobe 8 is already being worn by a LOT of NBA players of all shapes and sizes, again too). And yes, the Top Ten 2000 have true-pods, the Crazy 8 is kind of inverted, the sole folds up around the foot. [quote="HomeR45"][quote="Nene33"]They're nice shoes, light, lean, quick, and fast, but they have a couple of weak-spots, the heel-counter leans back away from your heel, so you need to check the fit on them first, to make sure they won't slip off your feet in game, also the Zoom heel is really-soft, literally no resistance whatsoever, for some that helps them feel smooth, and quick in transition, for bigger guys that can feel like running on a water-bed. Definitely a cool shoe to check out, it combines a very soft shoe(very soft), with a very minimalist setup, and does so really well, it finds a really nice balance.(it's basically the Daddy of the new Kobe 8)[/quote]thanks for input,recently i buy AJ12,and to be honest the zoom is abit too bouncy,chane the insole,and they become better,hope i can do the same with them [/quote] These are a little harder to change, because basically, the yellow-part of the heel on these(see pic :-D ), is mostly Zoom, with minimal foam around it(even out of the box, that showed a little creasing as you can see). So the softness is more on the outside, than inside the shoe. [IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/DaHeddeGeGoeGedoan/DSCF1094.jpg[/IMG] [/quote] i see,so its because the foam/midsole problem,but still im gonna try them,i never try a pair of kobe before
my bad kan, can't help it though.. KB8 and Kobe 8 nene - loving those denver esque cw :up:
They're an awesome colorway in person, I'm sad the Del-Sol is getting fazed out for the colder shade of Tour Yellow on NikeiD. :( I like my Yellows kinda greasy, and saturated. [quote="HomeR45"]i see,so its because the foam/midsole problem,but still im gonna try them,i never try a pair of kobe before[/quote] Definitely try 'em, the minimal-setup will reduce the influence of the softness, make it more effective, so they should feel quite good, even if they're much softer than your usual preference.
[quote="HomeR45"][quote="Nene33"]That's a thing for barefoot, especially the 'tech-barefoot', you need to find a complimentary fit to your feet, and an actual fit(not too big, not too small), or it'll detract from the experience, and just get in the way. That's also why the adiPURE were a great development for a more 'generalized' barefoot, because they went from a very 'tech-based' structure of refined mini-counters, and triangles(which is the Supernatural PureMotion, a setup where they removed the conventional-setup by refining it greatly, which has the negative, that it needs to be just right for you, to work), to the exact opposite in the adiPURE, the adiPURE doesn't refine, it simply doesn't try to counter, it just 'gloves' your feet, and allows them to do, what they do. That's the intriguing part of barefoot-shoes for me, you have the super-refined, and detail-controlled shoes, and the shoes that simply don't try. In running you have something similar, you have the Vibram, and a couple more, on the super-refined side, and the leather-soled sandals with a string-strap on the freedom side, both do approximately the same thing, one by refining the details, the other by not getting in the way of the details. That fascinates me. It's a full-spectrum, and a spectrum that's appreciated, the super-refined isn't necessarily better than the super-simple, it's ways to get it right, and that can vary for everybody. I love that concept. The PE-shoes tend to have more padding, and cushioning, to compensate for the extra pressure, and jarring pro basketball-feet deal with, plus TJ was old by then, old-men need more 'slack' to compensate for your feet wearing out.(basically the NBA is about 2 sec faster than a regular game on every play(that's why you get the odd throw-away passes, other mistakes, and lack of control, it literally goes too fast for your body, so you can simulate how that feels, by really pushing yourself to be extra fast on every move, on every play pushing the tempo, really go as fast as you can, on all plays. That's what NBA players do, kinda. That should also give you an impression, why they're more padded.(it sounds manufactured, but if you put them on, and really push very, very hard, you'll notice the need for the extra mush) [/quote] One thing that makes me into the barefoot concept,in by read your post about conventional vs natural(barefoot )shoe,and as the bigger man myself i always try to find anything to make my feet healthier ,and the concept of natural/barefoot shoe is a way to improve my game and my health ,i know that human foot are build and design by nature to be a fine tuning athletic machine ,which mean not design for shoes,and i look at my feet,i notice my pinkie toe are deformed to the point they almost not touching the ground anymore,a shoes already deformed my feet from its natural shape to the foot that handicap to fit into the shoes i want my feet and my toes to be natural again,so barefoot shoes is i think a way to get them back but i do know i'm not fully embraced the idea yet(you can see by my choice of current shoe ,rose 3 and bron X) but i keep the idea to make my feet back to its natural form and stronger ,i already reducing my time wearing any type of footwear and keep searching for a barefoot basketball shoe to help my foot and my game and great insight on the NBA player,i do know their game speed is much faster from regular person,and i can see the concept of why the nba player (TJ ford) want his shoe to be"mushier" due to extra power that their feet generated into their shoes[/quote] A bit late into the fray, but thought I'll put in my 2-cents. Homer, I've had serious plantar fasciitis 2 years ago, where both my feet can get so painful even just standing up that I was about to give up balling for good. Same issue with you as well, I have wide feet and through my constant search for the right sneaker I probably injured my feet at some point and didn't know it, played through it and got worse. The turning point was when Nene turned me onto barefoot running. Got my Vibrams (which cost quite a penny here), did the recommended excercises for a couple of weeks (I had been running in the Adizero Feathers - if that's the correct name), and off I went on the runs in time. After a few weeks of running in the Vibrams, my body got used to the proper mechanics and for the last 9 months or so I've been running approx 20-25km per week in the Nike Lunarspider LTs and the Adipure Motion, both minimal racer-like shoes (the Vibrams still make the occasional appearance for short 3-km runs) which I've grown to love. The plantar issues for both feet are completely GONE. It's translated into my ball play as well, cardiovascularly of course, but more so for my feet strength. In the right shoes (the Kobe 8 surprisingly has been the most accommodating so far), my feet feels stronger, and I have less foot injuries than before.
It's frustrating for guys like Homer and me. I've went through the CL1, 2, Rose 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, Low Motions, Kobe 6, 7 Elites, 8, Lebron 8 PS, 9, Hyperfuse 2010 lows, Hyperdunk Lows, Fly wade 2, UA Bloodlines, Black Ice plus a few more for good measures over the past 12months, and at some point the shoes' fit always comes back to haunt me. I can have a good game in them and afterward the effects of the feet expansion kicks in and sometimes I'd have difficult standing up (the worst was the Hyperdunk Lows-the fit was the narrowest I've worn all time) after the game. The best so far in terms of fit has been the Kobe 8. The EM upper really stretches in the right place, and the first couple of weeks it was all I'd wear. Then last week I had the dumbest idea "hey, add the bungee laces you've been using on the runners on them for an even better fit". Dumb move; couldn't even complete 3 games :lol: seriously though, Homer, if I were you it'll look at the Kobe 8; the 6's fit is so specific that for me (EE width) I gave up after playing in them twice. Strictly casual now! The Rose 1 will always be one of my favs (Thanks Urriah!); just love it's minimalist set-up. Great option in the right size, Homer. UA's shoes fit are also rather generous width-wise, at least in the Bloodlines.
Page 55 of 66