X
X
Go to page: of 14 |   |  Next |  Last
Forum Ruler
Forum Ruler
Listings:
I thought it'd be nice to discuss the many problems we have on this site now. I really miss the old ISS. Everything ran smoothly (as I remember), and there were few problems. If there were problems, they were fixed ASAP. We are now nearing the one year mark of "Sole Collector 2.0". The MAIN website, I have no problems with. It's great, much improved from the old one.

That being said, the forum is in disarray. There are so many technical issues that have been brought up in the Feedback thread, but it seems that NO member of the staff even takes a look at it. It's like the only major thing you guys have fixed was the youtube tags.

Here are some problems, or just some features that I'd love to see brought back.

It's damn near impossible to find your own posts, because it takes you to the beginning of the thread. Do you know how difficult it is to look for a question you asked in a popular thread? Another problem would be the coding for signatures. In the past, the (color)(/color) worked just fine. Now it's broken. Mine still works because it has some random numbers after the tag, and I'm afraid to mess with it because I don't want to mess it up. Another constant problem is the spammers. I don't think we've ever had a problem with that on the old site. Also, what happened to .gif avatars? It would be great to bring those back. This has been brought up, but I don't think anything's been done with the scammers on the site. In the past, these members would be punished very swiftly.

That's not to say improvements WERE made. In hindsight, merging the Movies and Automobile sections was an excellent idea. If we had not done that, the activity in those forums would be next to dead.

It's really a shame, because I've been part of the ISS community for so long. Could we get an answer as to when we can see improvements? Or are improvements even BEING made.

Others members, especially the older ones, I welcome you to chime in as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is .. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Wilson.
Hi. My name is Wilson.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
too long, mods won't read
Andy Nguyen
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
RhythmaticAce:
too long, members won't read

most members are just resellers that clog up new release threads.
ELIte Manning 2-time Super Bowl Champion & MVP
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
43 mods/admins & over 7000 members, Iss had to take a downfall eventually, Only changes I seen on this site is the new lay out & sneaker exchange.
BK meet ups only

For Sale:
DS KD V N7 sz 9.5
CDP 10s sz 10.5
CDP 13s sz 10.5
Argon 11s Low Top sz 10.5

Hola Llamame Will

Flame Society

Real Madrid x Dortmund x Chelsea

http://solecollector.com/forums/Update-m-m-DUDE-Click-To-See-My-Jordans-m-m/75:1:1088685/
The King
The King
Listings:
& What's up with the monthly event Sole ID? Looked like they bailed out on that.
For Sale!

Size 8.5 DS Unfutura Dunk High SB - $200
Size 9 DS DB Free Run 5.0 - $200
Size 9.5 DS SPOT Dunk Low SB *Hyperstrike* - $250
Size 9.5 Pass as DS Chicago 1s - $200
Size 10 DS Chicago X - $250

Admin
Listings:
We just hired a new technical lead to fix much of what you listed. I'd like to hear from other members on what specific changes you'd like to see. We understand that there are a number of items we need to resolve, and want to make sure we're focusing on the right items that members want to see.

Feel free to reply in this thread with your suggestions.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Yah i don't understad the coding for sigs any more and it would be a lot nicer if i could find my posts easier. but scamming here is the main issue. Even if you can't help people get their money back, banning the scammers should be necessary. In the time span that people weren't being banned i could have scammed dozens of people for expensive kicks. The marketplace saftey guide isn't enough to drill some common sense into kids.

Jvini, I PMed you about helping out though.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
^ I agree with izzmikyaheard scamming is the main problem with the site & the new lay out of SC doesn't really bug me but it does have a few flaws, nothing serious tho.
BK meet ups only

For Sale:
DS KD V N7 sz 9.5
CDP 10s sz 10.5
CDP 13s sz 10.5
Argon 11s Low Top sz 10.5

Hola Llamame Will

Flame Society

Real Madrid x Dortmund x Chelsea

http://solecollector.com/forums/Update-m-m-DUDE-Click-To-See-My-Jordans-m-m/75:1:1088685/
Last edited on 20th May 2012 20:30 edited 2 times in total
S-S-S
S-S-S
Listings:
I can't change my signature .. My username looks like St?ssy certain places .. and I don't put as much shit as I used to up for sale because lack of offers -_________-
LAMBDA PHI EPSILON - ALPHA DELTA - UPSILON - #107 - PRO.G
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM - @LIVEOUTLAUD
Last edited on 20th May 2012 20:51 edited 1 times in total
Forum Master
Forum Master
Listings:
Some of the mods/admin are far too quick to lock a thread. If a thread is no good, it'll die out on it's own. An example being when someone made a thread about posting your youtube channel or something like that. The thread was lock and the admin or mod posted a link to the video thread. Yes it's kinda similar, but the youtube channel thread was way more specific and should of been left alone.

Marketplace search feature sucks at times.
Not being able to see your past post sucks.
Posting youtube links was simpler prior to the switch.
Giving the automotive it's own section again would be nice. I don't look at any of the threads, but it would be nice to get it out of the Lounge and rid some of the clutter.
OPTIONS
View Toolbar
View Emotions
Email thread updates
I thought it'd be nice to discuss the many problems we have on this site now. I really miss the old ISS. Everything ran smoothly (as I remember), and there were few problems. If there were problems, they were fixed ASAP. We are now nearing the one year mark of "Sole Collector 2.0". The MAIN website, I have no problems with. It's great, much improved from the old one. That being said, the forum is in disarray. There are so many technical issues that have been brought up in the Feedback thread, but it seems that NO member of the staff even takes a look at it. It's like the only major thing you guys have fixed was the youtube tags. Here are some problems, or just some features that I'd love to see brought back. It's damn near impossible to find your own posts, because it takes you to the beginning of the thread. Do you know how difficult it is to look for a question you asked in a popular thread? Another problem would be the coding for signatures. In the past, the (color)(/color) worked just fine. Now it's broken. Mine still works because it has some random numbers after the tag, and I'm afraid to mess with it because I don't want to mess it up. Another constant problem is the spammers. I don't think we've ever had a problem with that on the old site. Also, what happened to .gif avatars? It would be great to bring those back. This has been brought up, but I don't think anything's been done with the scammers on the site. In the past, these members would be punished very swiftly. That's not to say improvements WERE made. In hindsight, merging the Movies and Automobile sections was an excellent idea. If we had not done that, the activity in those forums would be next to dead. It's really a shame, because I've been part of the ISS community for so long. Could we get an answer as to when we can see improvements? Or are improvements even BEING made. Others members, especially the older ones, I welcome you to chime in as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is .. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Wilson.
too long, mods won't read
[quote="RhythmaticAce"]too long, [b]members[/b] won't read[/quote] most members are just resellers that clog up new release threads.
43 mods/admins & over 7000 members, Iss had to take a downfall eventually, Only changes I seen on this site is the new lay out & sneaker exchange.
& What's up with the monthly event Sole ID? Looked like they bailed out on that.
We just hired a new technical lead to fix much of what you listed. I'd like to hear from other members on what specific changes you'd like to see. We understand that there are a number of items we need to resolve, and want to make sure we're focusing on the right items that members want to see. Feel free to reply in this thread with your suggestions.
Yah i don't understad the coding for sigs any more and it would be a lot nicer if i could find my posts easier. but scamming here is the main issue. Even if you can't help people get their money back, banning the scammers should be necessary. In the time span that people weren't being banned i could have scammed dozens of people for expensive kicks. The marketplace saftey guide isn't enough to drill some common sense into kids. Jvini, I PMed you about helping out though.
^ I agree with izzmikyaheard scamming is the main problem with the site & the new lay out of SC doesn't really bug me but it does have a few flaws, nothing serious tho.
I can't change my signature .. My username looks like St?ssy certain places .. and I don't put as much shit as I used to up for sale because lack of offers -_________-
Some of the mods/admin are far too quick to lock a thread. If a thread is no good, it'll die out on it's own. An example being when someone made a thread about posting your youtube channel or something like that. The thread was lock and the admin or mod posted a link to the video thread. Yes it's kinda similar, but the youtube channel thread was way more specific and should of been left alone. Marketplace search feature sucks at times. Not being able to see your past post sucks. Posting youtube links was simpler prior to the switch. Giving the automotive it's own section again would be nice. I don't look at any of the threads, but it would be nice to get it out of the Lounge and rid some of the clutter.
Page 1 of 14
Last»11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 «